Q: Where are the courts located?
A: Addresses for New York City courts  can be found on this page divided into Family, Civil, Supreme, Surrogate and Criminal courts. 

Q: The police have my property, how can I get it back?
A: You or an authorized agent can get property from the Borough Property clerk. The procedure is on the Property Clerk website.

Q: Where can I pay bail?
A: Bail can be paid at the correctional facility where the defendant is being held, at the House of Detention in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx or at Riker’s Island.

Q: How can I check to see if my lawyer is really a lawyer?
A: All practicing lawyers in the state of New York are required to register with the New York State Attorney Directory.  

Q: How can I get a certificate of disposition showing that my case is over?
A: For a $10 fee you can get a certificate of disposition from the clerk of the county in which your case was handled. You need the docket number, arrest date, and photo id.

Q: How can I find out the details of an arrest or court appearance?
A: Information on criminal case with future dates can be found on Webcrims using a defendant’s name or docket number.

Q: How do I pay restitution?
A: Fees and surcharges are paid to the clerk of the court in which your case was handled.